Any stylist that wants to be successful needs to know how to layer hair…after all, there are very few haircuts these days that do not require some type of soft texture. Master the craft of layering with Sam Villa, co-founder of Sam Villa and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, during this LIVE Online Class: The Art of Layering on Wednesday, February 21st from 3-5pm PST.
The art of layering continues to evolve in clever ways to create organic texture, movement, and volume. It’s all about how we layer a haircut that makes it look modern and fresh with seamless fractured layers working with detached irregular patterns that are tiered back to front and top to bottom.
In this live online class, stylists will discover:
- How layers can remove weight, de-bulk and give hair movement and volume
- The what/how/why/when of layering fine hair
- How to create seamless layers with no visible hard lines in blonde hair
- Methods for layering and balancing face framing layers
- How to create soft internal layers that look like they’ve been cut with a razor
- Techniques for layering hair while keeping length
- Shag layering on medium and long hair
This interactive online class was specifically designed to keep salon professionals up to date with rapidly changing trends in layering hair and we encourage you to follow along with a mannequin. With your virtual ticket purchase you'll gain lifetime access to this video. So, if you are unable to join the class during the live class don’t worry, you can watch it back when it’s convenient for you.